AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
Rev. Arie Verduijn, president of the Alliance World Fellowship, visited the Rockland County campus of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary as guest chapel speaker recently. This visit also provided an opportunity for Rev. Verduijn to spend time with faculty members and administrators to share insight and inspiration from tremendous work being done by this partnering organization.
The Alliance World Fellowship (AWF) unites churches and ministries affiliated with The Christian & Missionary Alliance in more than 50 countries. (Learn more about AWF here.)
Rev. Verduijn was elected Alliance World Fellowship president in 2004. Ordained as an Alliance pastor in 1985, he has ministered in many countries around the globe. While living in the Democratic Republic of Congo, he taught at two theological schools there. Rev. Verduijn is involved in coordinating projects on different continents fulfilling his deep desire to see C&MA churches from every nation collaborate in reaching those who have not yet heard the Gospel.
In the 1970s, Arie studied in Belgium (Institut Biblique Belge, Louvain), Germany (Freie Theologische Akademie, Seeheim/Giessen), and France (Ecole de Langue Française, Albertville). From 1982 until 2004, Arie Verduijn served as director of CAMA-Zending, a C&MA Dutch agency. During this time, he also served on the board of the Dutch Evangelical Missionary Alliance and taught at the Evangelical Theological Graduate School and headed their Missions Department. He currently teaches at the Evangelical Theological Academy in the Netherlands.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>