Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
Since 1882, Nyack College has maintained a strong commitment to protecting the well-being of its students and creating a healthy learning environment.
On Friday, October 2, 2015 the New York Post provided Nyack College with a copy of a lawsuit purportedly filed against the College on behalf of one current softball player. The College has not been served with the lawsuit.
It is Nyack College’s policy not to comment on pending litigation particularly with respect to current students who have chosen to continue their academic and athletic careers at Nyack College.
From the time Nyack learned of these allegations and immediately terminated the coach, college personnel have fully cooperated with law enforcement authorities. All faculty and staff hired by the College are subjected to a rigorous background check including a check of sex offender databases.
We continue to keep those impacted in our prayers and ask that the privacy of these student athletes be respected.
Any additional questions can be addressed to:
Walter Sevastian, Esq.
3 Main Street, Suite 1
Nyack, NY 10960
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>