NYC Campus Library Gets a New Name
AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM PRESIDENT MICHAEL G. SCALES
For the past two years, the Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Board of Trustees has raised funds with the objective of honoring Chairman Emeritus Dr. Ronald Eastman for his legendary service to Nyack/ATS. The institution and our students were the beneficiaries of his extraordinary leadership as a trustee since 1985, and as the Chairman from 1995 to 2014.
When our beloved Dr. Eastman passed away this summer on August 1, though with heavy hearts, we gratefully celebrated his life with a website tribute.
Because of Chairman Eastman's invaluable guidance in the negotiation of our lease at the Manhattan campus and the Board’s successful fundraising efforts, it is my privilege to announce that the Nyack College Manhattan campus library has been renamed “The Eastman Library.”
Mrs. Christy Choi is the director of the library, which is located on the 19th floor at 2 Washington Street in the Battery Park area of Lower Manhattan. Visit the Eastman Library's website and Facebook page.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>