RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2015
Five Consecutive Years
Nyack College Is Named “A Great College to Work For”
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Surveyed Employees Give Nyack “Two Thumbs Up”
NYACK, NY—The nation’s leading higher education periodical, The Chronicle of Higher Education, has named Nyack College a “Great College to Work For” for the fifth consecutive year. The College received high marks in the areas of work/life balance, respect and appreciation, compensation and benefits, and diversity.
The Year End Faculty and Staff Luncheon is a signature campus event that best reflects Nyack’s celebration of its employees each May. In addition to service awards for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or more years of employment, faculty and staff are celebrated with special recognition such Online Educator of the Year, Student Development Professional of the Year, Athletic Coach of the Year, Enrollment Services Associate of the Year, Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking, and the Commitment to Mission Awards--to one faculty and one staff member.
Doctor of Ministry Dissertation Coordinator and Professor of Bible Dr. Frank Chan received the 2015 faculty Commitment to Mission Award. Employee love and loyalty for Nyack are perfectly summed up in Dr. Chan’s words. “When I got the invitation to teach at Nyack, it was like being asked to play for the Yankees--it was my ‘home team.’ The Commitment to Mission Award is a wonderful affirmation that I belong here.”
The Great Colleges program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition initiatives in our nation that showcases colleges for specific best practices and policies. Read more here.
For more information about Nyack College, visit www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves nearly 3,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. In addition to its suburban campus in Nyack, NY and a city campus in Manhattan’s historic Battery Park, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>