Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Commissioner Dan Mara announced the recipients of the 2014-2015 CACC Institutional Sportsmanship Awards. Of the 14 CACC member institutions, Nyack College was honored with this year’s Women’s Institutional Sportsmanship Award—for the ninth consecutive time, since it was first presented during the 2006-2007 campaign.
The head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport vote annually. For the 2014-15 academic year, the Warriors received the CACC Team Sportsmanship Award for volleyball during the fall and women's lacrosse during the spring.
“We are honored to again receive the CACC Sportsmanship Award, and are very proud of our student-athletes for displaying the high character and sportsmanship that makes competing at the Division II level enjoyable,” says Assistant Athletic Director, Mandy Aikens (above).
The award recipients were identified by the total number of sportsmanship votes the institution received over the course of the academic year divided by the total number of sports sponsored. The University of the Sciences captured the Men's Sportsmanship honor.
Aikens adds, “Our student-athletes embody our institution's core values and demonstrate those characteristics on the playing field and in the classroom. We are thankful that they represent Nyack's commitment to a high standard of character and servant leadership.”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>