Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
The Nyack College School of Social Work will launch its Master of Social Work (MSW) degree program with two concentrations—Clinical Social Work Practice and Leadership in Organizations and Communities this coming fall under the leadership of its director, Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys (pictured above). The new program was approved last month by the New York State Education Department.
Says Dr. Lopez-Humphreys, "As the first Christian MSW graduate program in New York City, it is our vision that the work being done within our MSW program--whether in the classroom, through scholarship, or in service to the community--our faculty, staff and students will seek to create a better world through the vocation of social work. In doing so, we respond to and reflect the call to love our neighbors and become an “extraordinary force” that extends compassion and justice in the world."
Nyack's Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the process is underway for the master’s degree program.
Nyack’s 63-credit program is the first MSW offered by a Christian college in New York City. A one-year advanced standing option is available for students who enter with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from a CSWE-accredited program within seven years of graduation and who meet admissions requirements.
Review the requirements, the curriculum, the student handbook and more information here.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>