Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
A visit to Nyack College in Rockland County was not on the itinerary of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo when he made a recent planned stop at the village’s downtown Nyack Center.
Earl Miller, executive director of community relations at Nyack College, was among a select group of business and community leaders invited to this audience with the governor (pictured above) to hear updates on the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement project and about his advocacy for a 2% property tax cap.
An unfortunate tractor trailer accident snarled traffic that bright spring morning and required the governor’s departure plans to be rerouted from Nyack’s Moseley Field where his helicopter waited to transport the governor to his next destination.
Though it was a brief stop on the sprawling Hudson Valley campus, the college was happy to accommodate the state’s 56th governor.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>