New York City Fish Count
Nyack College Assistant Professor of biology Dr. Peter Park invites you to participate in a unique volunteer opportunity on Saturday, May 30th as the World Science Festival hosts the NYC GREAT FISH COUNT.
What kind of critters inhabit New York's waters? This is your chance to find out. The Great Fish Count takes place at various locations throughout New York's boroughs (as well as in New Jersey and Yonkers)in search of underwater life.
Dr. Park will co-lead a seining session, with the New Jersey Palisades Interstate Commission at the following site:
Location: Englewood Beach (Bloomers Beach)
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Start Time: 11:00 am
End Time: 1:00 pm
The session is free and open to the public. Leaders will use seine net(s) to catch and identify fish species. Seine net pictured above.
Participants/volunteers should prepare accordingly (e.g., wear boots, dress for the weather). Fish identification data will be acquired through the use of a standardized key, and data will be recorded and uploaded in real time to synchronize data collection by other researchers at different sites along the Hudson River.
Interested? Contact Dr. Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-845-675-4552 today.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>