Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
Friday, April 24 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. enjoy two performances directed by Prof. Shelley Jameson— in Nyack College’s Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard on the Rockland County campus. Nyack’s Opera Workshop students have been preparing all year to delight audiences with two-one act operas by Puccini.
School of Music’s Jenn Scott says, "Suor Angelica" (Sister Angelica), the title role played by soprano, Qian Ye, will grab your heartstrings as she longs to be reunited with the son she was forced to give up at infancy. Set in the 1400s at a convent, Suor Angelica is a tale of loss and redemption.”
She describes the second opera as, “the hysterical Gianni Schicchi set in modern times. This is a tale of greed and deceit...a family at war with each other over who will inherit the estate of the deceased Buoso Donati, portrayed flawlessly by Aaron Campbell. The title role is played by Jamal Sarikoki (baritone) and the famous "O Mio Bambino Caro" will be sung by Hannah Miele (soprano).
Admission is free! All are welcome!
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>