School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
On Friday, April 17 on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, extraordinarily talented Nyack College students and alumni were front and center in a celebratory concert demonstrating the range and depth of the academic program at Nyack’s School of Music.
How do these students add an evening like this concert to their favorite Nyack memories...and to their resumes? The answer: An accomplished music faculty who themselves are accomplished national and international performing and recording artists.
The program of classical, contemporary, and sacred music showcased the following student and alumni soloists: Jhasoa Agosto, Nathalie Alcime, Chris Anthony, Carolynn Clyne, Nichole Cosentino, Willana Mack, Jamal Sarikoki, Matia Washington, Noël Wippler, Kate Wiswell. These young men and women exemplify the caliber of talent that is honed on Nyack’s Manhattan and Rockland campuses.
Joining the student-alumni on stage were distinguished faculty conductors, musicians, and singers—Prof. Jhasoa Agosto, Prof. Mary Vigil Carey, Prof. Joel Jameson, Prof. Shelley Jameson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Dr. Chungsun Kim, Dr. Tammy Lum, Prof. Willana Mack, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Dr. Dana Talley, and Dr. Sue Talley. Professors Chris Hughes and Jon Werking directed the Jazz Ensemble during intermission. Composer-conductor, Dr. Victoria Bond was a guest conductor as the Chorale performed her specially commissioned work for Nyack College, “Dew, Precious Dew.”
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>