Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
The Nyack College Rockland County School of Music Spring Concert will be presented on Friday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, featuring a 30-piece orchestra and the 50-member Chorale.
This free concert will showcase inspiring works such as Samuel Barber’s “Knoxville, Summer of 1915, Beethoven’s “Christ on the Mount of Olives,” and his “Choral Fantasy” and conclude with Isaac Watts’s moving “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.”
Soloists in this powerful production include Nyack’s Artist in Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, soprano; sophomore voice major, Hannah Jang, soprano; Patrick Denniston, tenor; Prof. Joel Jameson, bass; Nyack alumni, Nellie Margarita Santiago, soprano, and Katherine Wiswell, mezzo-soprano. Nyack’s Trio in Residence member, Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist will accompany selections.
Joining Prof. Joel Jameson as conductor is Nyack senior, Jamal Sarikoki.
Sarikoki, a conducting major, has also studied with Dr. Elizabeth Swanson from Nyack’s NYC School of Music and is a perfect example of how mentoring music faculty come alongside students to nurture their talent. Jamal, who will also be a soloist at the School's April 17 concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center says, "Although I am going into the secular world of music as a conductor, I will be grounded in my faith and in the strong education I have received. The professors here at Nyack have all shown me what it's like to be at the top of their field but walk ever close to Jesus."
Currently Jamal serves at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan as a conductor and an organist. He was awarded one of two scholarships to study conducting at Bard Conservatory in the fall. Click here to view Sarikoki at work.
Come and enjoy an evening of spectacular performances in the beautiful Hudson Valley campus of Nyack College.
Admission is free. You won’t want to miss it!
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>