Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
The Nyack College Rockland County School of Music Spring Concert will be presented on Friday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, featuring a 30-piece orchestra and the 50-member Chorale.
This free concert will showcase inspiring works such as Samuel Barber’s “Knoxville, Summer of 1915, Beethoven’s “Christ on the Mount of Olives,” and his “Choral Fantasy” and conclude with Isaac Watts’s moving “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.”
Soloists in this powerful production include Nyack’s Artist in Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, soprano; sophomore voice major, Hannah Jang, soprano; Patrick Denniston, tenor; Prof. Joel Jameson, bass; Nyack alumni, Nellie Margarita Santiago, soprano, and Katherine Wiswell, mezzo-soprano. Nyack’s Trio in Residence member, Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist will accompany selections.
Joining Prof. Joel Jameson as conductor is Nyack senior, Jamal Sarikoki.
Sarikoki, a conducting major, has also studied with Dr. Elizabeth Swanson from Nyack’s NYC School of Music and is a perfect example of how mentoring music faculty come alongside students to nurture their talent. Jamal, who will also be a soloist at the School's April 17 concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center says, "Although I am going into the secular world of music as a conductor, I will be grounded in my faith and in the strong education I have received. The professors here at Nyack have all shown me what it's like to be at the top of their field but walk ever close to Jesus."
Currently Jamal serves at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan as a conductor and an organist. He was awarded one of two scholarships to study conducting at Bard Conservatory in the fall. Click here to view Sarikoki at work.
Come and enjoy an evening of spectacular performances in the beautiful Hudson Valley campus of Nyack College.
Admission is free. You won’t want to miss it!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>