Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences cordially invite you to attend a special Colloquium session celebrating Black History Month on Thursday, February 19, 2015 at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241 at 4:00 p.m. Ms. Denise Lewis Patrick, awarding-winning author and Nyack College adjunct professor (pictured above), will present “Connected Souls: How (our) Life Stories Resonate Across Time, Races and Places.”
Ms. Patrick is also the co-author of young adult historical fiction for the tremendously successful American Girl book series about a character, Cecile Amelie Rey, a free girl of color in 1850's New Orleans. Her book, A Matter of Souls, was named one of the Best Teen Books of 2014 by Kirkus Review, a national leading book review journal.
Prof. Patrick teaches Fundamentals of Writing and Critical Thinking for Nyack’s Division of Student Success.
Admission to this campus event is free.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>