Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
Nyack College students and staff participated in this year’s New York Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day on February 10 in Albany. The annual event convenes New York State students, faculty, financial aid and opportunity program administrators, legislators, and higher education policymakers to dialogue and show support for student aid funding and higher education.
New York’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) / Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (C-STEP), and Liberty Partnerships Program help more than 370,000 New Yorkers pay for college expenses.
During their visit, Nyack students met with Senator David Carlucci (D-Rockland/Westchester) who represents the 38th District in the New York State Senate including the towns of Ramapo, Clarkstown and Orangetown in Rockland County along with the Town of Ossining in Westchester County.
Pictured above are Nyack College Advocacy Day participants: (l-r) front row: Marisol Blasini, Senator David Carlucci, Wilson Weng, Belleza Sahir, and Joshua Spence. Back row: Earl Miller (staff), Aileen Mehboob, Rohan Martin, Nathaniel Perez (staff), Michelle Clarke, and Elizabeth Redekop.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>