Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
Katherine Schwarz, MS, MPH, will be the first 2015 featured presenter for the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Critical Reads Colloquium Series on Wednesday, February 4, from 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. in Shuman Hall/President’s Hall on the Rockland County campus. The text Ms. Schwarz will discuss is Lester Brown’s book, World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse.
An environmental educator, Kathy Schwarz, (pictured above center) offers an international perspective after spending two years in sub-Saharan Africa where she focused on food security and HIV/AIDS. She is a faculty member at Lehman College and New York Medical College where she teaches nutrition education and food security.
For more information about upcoming CSGE events, phone (845) 675-4582 or email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu.
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM SERIES
The objective of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Colloquium Series is to nurture an atmosphere where undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty can join in meaningful discussions about relevant global, national, and local issues. Through this series, members of our broader community can learn about the current research efforts of our faculty. This spring semester, the "Critical Reads on Environemental Sustainability," will feature monthly lectures on select readings presented by professors and practitioners in the field of global sustainability.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>