Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would have studied the Nyack Seaport dining room and smiled.
He would have seen that his decades of labor were not in vain. He would have enjoyed this visual of white, black, Jew and Gentile, men, women, and children gathering at the invitation of Nyack College to celebrate social justice.
Loyal friends of the college came—in spite of Sunday’s early morning icy road conditions and the afternoon threat of area flooding—to acknowledge local leaders whose life work mirror’s King’s heart for the “beloved community.”
King also would have applauded the diverse roster of Nyack’s 2015 Social Justice Award recipients. The honor was presented to John Murphy, Rockland County District 16 Legislator; Wilbur Aldridge, regional director of the Mid-Hudson Westchester NAACP; and the Holocaust Museum & Study Center. Special recognition for community service was given to Paulo Feteira and Chef Jose David Martinez, co-owners of UNION Restaurant in Haverstraw.
Pictured with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael Scales and Community Relations Executive Director Earl Miller are (l-r, standing) Miller, Andrea Winograd (Holocaust Museum & Study Center), and Scales; (l-r seated): Paul Galan (Holocaust Museum & Study Center, Board Chair), Alan Moskin (World War II veteran and guest speaker), Mr. Murphy; and Mr. Aldridge.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>