Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
Alfonso Wieland and Rolando Perez of the Paz y Esperanza Institute in Lima, Peru recently visited the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Rockland office.
Paz y Esperanza is a Christian human rights organization committed to defending and promoting justice for underserved people in Latin America. Founded in 1996 by a coalition of pastors, professionals and evangelical churches, the non-profit has offices in Lima, Bolivia, Ecuador, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Wieland and Perez shared with CSGE interns about the important work that the organization is doing to address the rights of women and children who are overwhelmingly victims of domestic violence, child abuse, and human trafficking. The organization is intentional about advocating the importance of a Christian’s relationship with God and social involvement on a grassroots level. “Spiritually has to embrace all of life,” explains Perez.
Paz y Esperanza is run by teams of lawyers, psychologists, social workers, educators, and pastors. It also provides training for leaders on how to work with people who are in oppressive circumstances.
Learn more about Nyack's relationship with Paz y Esperanza here.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>