Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
Dr. K. Kale Yu, assistant professor of history at Nyack College will be the featured speaker at Session 3 of the Rockland campus Colloquium Series on Wednesday, November 19 at 4:00 p.m. in Presidents Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., Nyack, NY.
His topic, “Environmental Christian Ethics: A Christian approach to ecology and sustainability,” will examine the ways in which current perspectives of ecology have negotiated society's approaches to their relationship with the environment.
"Through the ways we understand the environment, our experience helps us to map the shifting ecological terrain, and to develop understandings of how larger processes related to economics has impacted the dynamics of our treatment to ecological issues," says Dr. Yu. Within this context, this paper addresses the Christian ethics of ecological interdependence as a way to bridge the dualistic identification of ecology and humanity. By challenging existing mechanistic approaches to the environment, a Christian ethic attempts to provide a basis for a negotiation of our understanding of ecology in light of Christian reflections on our inter-connectedness, while failure of that attempt leads to an encounter not only the rejection of engaging global sustainability but also the reinforcement of a larger, political and economic ideology.
All are welcome.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>