Nyack Graduate Librettist for Opera, The Outlaw and the King
Nyack alumnus David Herrstrom (’68) has written the libretto for an opera by Mark Zuckerman, which will be presented at Rutgers University on Friday, December 15, 7:30 PM. Act I of the two-act The Outlaw and the King, centered on the relationship of King Saul, David, and Jonathan, will be performed by the Opera Workshop at the Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University, Schare Recital Hall, Maryott Music Building in New Brunswick, NJ.
If you’re interested in seeing The Outlaw and the King but can’t make the performance Friday, you may attend the dress rehearsal at 5:30 PM the previous evening, Thursday, December 14. For more information, including the libretto and bios of the singers, go to http://www.mazicmusic.com/OutlawAndKing.htm.
Admission is free. For directions, visit www.masongross.rutgers.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>