NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith, a book presentation and panel discussion on the text written by co-authors, Dr. Soong Chan Rah and Lisa Sharon Harper took place on Thursday, November 6 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street in room 2241.
Dr. Mayra Lopez Humphreys, director of Nyack’s School of Social Work served as moderator for the event. Authors Rah and Harper addressed church-inflicted wounding of various groups in society and the need for the evangelical community to repent and lament for the absence of inclusivity. The discussion also focused on the Christian historical narrative with esteemed Nyack College faculty panelists.
Panelists included (l-r) Ms. Marcia Herrera, adjunct professor of social work; Dr. Cleotha Robertson, assistant professor of Old Testament; Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, associate professor of political science; Dr. Louis de Caro, assistant professor of church history; and authors Dr. Soong Chan Rah and Ms. Lisa Sharon Haroper.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>