Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
On Tuesday, September 23, two separate students reported encountering an unknown man walking on our residential campus in South Nyack, NY. Their conversations were pleasant, but to them he appeared to be suspicious. There was a soccer match on campus that day and it was unclear if this individual may have been a fan from the visiting team. Campus Security was notified and they were alerted to keep an eye out for this individual.
On October 2, while reviewing campus security video footage for another matter, the described individual was identified on footage inside several Nyack College buildings and attempting to open locked doors in our Campus Center and men’s dorm on the date that he was originally reported being seen – September 23.
The South Nyack Police Department was immediately contacted and began a thorough investigation. Apparently, a surveillance camera at a neighboring property also confirmed that the described individual was present on their property on September 23.
We have no evidence that this individual has been back on Nyack College property since September 23 and surveillance camera footage has captured no additional images of him entering buildings. No property was found to be stolen and there were no incidents of this individual attempting to harm anyone.
Flyers and email with pictures of the unknown individual and instructions on steps to take if you see him have been distributed on campus. Campus digital signage has also been utilized to distribute the picture of this gentleman. Residence Life staff held meetings with all resident students earlier this week to provide an update with accurate information so that rumors surrounding this event could be corrected. This has provided an opportunity for everyone in our community to be reminded of steps that we can all take to maintain a safe and secure community.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>