Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
After several years of serving Nyack College in the search for a new Manhattan campus home, team members of the New York City office of CBRE, the commercial real estate firm, became intimately acquainted with the mission and vision of the college and its leadership. A unique friendship grew.
Mr. Gerry Miovski and Mr. Christopher Mansfield, both CBRE senior vice presidents demonstrated their singular appreciation for Nyack College by investing in the institution. Recently, their philanthropy resulted in the naming and dedication of the Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall on the 22nd floor of the Battery Park campus where the School of Music is housed. Pictured above (l-r) at the ceremony are Dr. David Jennings, Hannah Jennings, Cindy Jennings, Emma Miovski, Gerry Miovski, Morgan Miovski, Bonnie Miovski, Emily Mansfield, Sang Mansfield, Benjamin Mansfield, Chris Mansfield, Dr. David Turk, and President Michael Scales.
Says Associate Dean of Student Development, Charles Hammond, “Attending the music hall dedication was just another example of why it's so great to be a part of this institution of Christian higher education. Gerry, Chris, and their families were visibly touched by the ceremony and I was likewise very inspired by the tribute of the Music Hall.”
Nichole Knott-Craig, Alliance Graduate School of Counseling’s associate director of admissions reported that the audience offered a standing ovation to Mr. Gerry Miovski, Mr. Chris Mansfield and their wives and children. It was clearly an emotional time for the campus community and the donors. One of Mr. Miovski's daughters said, "Wow, it's so cool that my Dad has a music hall named after him!"
Ms. Knott-Craig shared, “Overall the event was more than just a dedication. It was a representation of Nyack's friendship with two generous individuals who blessed Nyack College's NYC campus with a means to move forward with the Miracle in Manhattan. It not only was a great encouragement to all present but a genuine reminder that the "Miracle in Manhattan" is a confirmation that Nyack's best days are ahead of us.”
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>