9/11 Thirteen Years Later
Thirteen years have passed since September 11, 2001.
Still Manhattan and the nation recall that horrific day in American history.
The 8:46 a.m. hush in the city and a ceremony reading names of the deceased again took place today paying tribute to the lives lost at the hands of evil.
With Nyack’s New York City campus then located at 361 Broadway, the tragedy was too close for comfort, but it did not deter members of the campus community from offering prayer and comfort to the distraught and hopeless.
Nyack Rockland Campus Associate Dean of Students, Mrs. Wanda Velez, though not on the city campus that day, feels the ache even today as she recalls the loss of her dear friend, Manuel Del Valle, Jr., a 32-year-old, a seven-year New York Fire Department firefighter from Engine Company 5 on 14th Street.
She posted on her Facebook wall: “I was blessed to have him as a friend for many years. He always was so great to my family. We miss you Manny! Let's spread love bravely today as we remember the many we lost.”
Tonight Nyack’s city campus will observe a Convocation Service at the Broad Street Ballroom at 6:00 p.m. Administrators, faculty, staff, and students will gather at the 41 Broad Street venue to observe the annual tradition. This year for the Manhattan campus, convocation occurring on this date brings a dual reason for gathering together for reflection and tribute--remembering those gone but not forgottten.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>