Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) at Nyack College will screen the award-winning (World Cinema Audience Award Dramatic Sundance Film Festival, Crystal Heart Award Winner Heartland Film Festival, Grand Prize Sony D-Cinema Award) 2011 film, Kinyarwanda, directed by Alrick Brown, at the Nyack New York City campus in Battery Park at 2 Washington Street, Room 2241 on Thursday, September 18. Screening of the film will start at 4:00 p.m. and will also include a performance by the Nyack Chorale.
A panel discussion will feature Mr. Brown, the film’s director and Ms. Willa Shalit, philanthropist, fair trade activist, and socially conscious entrepreneur.
Click here to see the CNN piece featuring Mr. Brown discussing his film.
For more information, contact the CSGE Office at 845.675.4582.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>