Bloomberg Radio Hosts MBA Program Reception
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 18, 2006
Dr. George Stratis (c) and Dr. John Laski (r)
Eighty Nyack College MBA students, MBA alumni, and upper level Business students along with faculty attended a reception at the impressive Bloomberg Building in New York City this month. Dr. John Laski, MBA Program Director, welcomed the group. Lorin Agerstrand from Bloomberg Radio presented information about job opportunities.
Bloomberg 1130 (WBBR-AM) is a 24-hour digital all-news radio station that can be heard throughout the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area. The station broadcasts world, national and local news with a focus on business and financial markets. Dr. George Stratis, Dean of the School of Business, introduced the guest speaker, Mr. Tom Keene, host of “Bloomberg on the Economy” who addressed issues on globalization.
The evening provided the students invaluable industry exposure with Bloomberg recruiters on hand. Further the event gave this sector of the business industry an opportunity to meet young men and women who are being trained to impact the marketplace with a values-based, quality education.
Dr. Laski said, “It was a wonderful evening--top shelf, great speaker, an all-around great event!
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>