Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
Nyack College Rockland's Shuman Hall was the venue for a gathering hosted by Alden H. Wolfe, Rockland County Legislature chairman. Mr. Wolfe (pictured above at podium) conducted a forum, “Destination Rockland: Blazing New Trails in Tourism” on community preparation for the expected increase in tourism that will result from the new Tappan Zee Bridge and pedestrian walkway.
“It’s appropriate to have a discussion on tourism at a college,” said Wolfe, “because campuses are in many ways the gateway for newcomers to come and connect to our community. We really appreciate Nyack College’s hospitality and the part they played in today’s program. ”
Elected officials who attended the meeting in President's Hall, a popular campus site overlooking the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge, included Congresswoman Nita Lowey, Legislators Harriet Cornell and Nancy Low-Hogan, as well as representatives from the offices of Governor Andrew Cuomo and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. They were joined by local business owners, leaders of non-profit organizations, and members of the Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to read the Journal News coverage of the meeting.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>