Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
Nyack College/ATS recently hosted the biennial meeting of the Alliance World Fellowship’s (AWF) International Committee on Theological Education (ICTE) on Nyack’s Rockland County, NY campus. Pictured above at the gravesite of Dr. A.B. Simpson, founder of The Christian & Missionary Alliance and Missionary Training Institute (Nyack College) are (l-r) Rev. Dr. Charbel Malak, academic dean of Christian Alliance Institute of Theology, Lebanon, pastor of Haret El Ballaneh Alliance Church; Rev. Dr. Walter Perez, director of Instituto Biblico Buenos Aires, Argentina, senior pastor of the Alliance Church in Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Dr. Levi P. Quir, national executive minister, Division of General and Theological Education, Christian and Missionary Alliance, the Philippines; Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary and the College of Bible and Christian Ministry, Nyack College; Dr. Miguel Palomino, chair of the AWF-ICTE, president of Facultad Teologica de Latin Americana; Dr. Arie Verduijn, president of Alliance World Fellowship, Dr. Bernie A. Van De Walle, Ph.D., professor of Historical and Systematic Theology, Theology Area Convenor, Ambrose University College; and Dr. Tona Khonde, general director (president) of the Complex of Theological Training of Bethel, Gabon.
The Alliance World Fellowship is organized in five regions: Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe/Middle-East, North-America, and Latin America. The International Committee on Theological Education focuses on issues related to theological education, theology, and critical challenges facing ministers and churches and advises the AWF on key theological matters.
Biennial meetings are held in the various locations where ICTE members serve. The last one was in Abidjan; the next will be in Manila. During their visit to New York, they visited a number of historical sites affiliated with the C&MA. They also worshipped at Clarendon Road Church in Brooklyn, pastored by Nyack College (2006) and Alliance Theological Seminary (2009) alumnus, Rev. Charles Galbreath.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>