Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
Selene Gonzalez, a Nyack College social work major studying at the Rockland County campus was awarded a National Puerto Rican Day Parade Scholarship (NPRDP) at the annual Leadership & Scholarship Banquet held at the beautiful Villa Barone Manor in the Bronx last month. She was also included in a feature about the event in QueensLatino. Click here to read the article (in Spanish).
Faculty, staff, and friends of Nyack College who attended the annual banquet (pictured left to right) were Adalberto DeJesus, pastor of Crotona Church of God (Selene's pastor); Dr. Sue Talley, director of Nyack's NYC School of Music; Dr. Dana Talley, Nyack College Professor of Music; Peter Garcia, father of the scholarship recipient; Selene Gonzalez, 2014 scholarship recipient; Elizabeth Cardona, Nyack 2009 Psychology alumna; Dr. Kwi Yun, program director of Nyack’s department of social work; Lisette Robinson, Nyack College, Office of the Registrar; Adrianne Garcia, Nyack College, Office of the Registrar; and Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., Nyack’s Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>