RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Women Warriors Receive CACC
Sportsmanship Award in Four of Six Sports
NYACK, NY— Nyack’s Women Warriors have represented the College well by adding the 2013-2014 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Team Sportsmanship Awards in four of the six women’s sports: basketball, volleyball, softball and lacrosse.
Head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport cast votes for individual CACC team sportsmanship awards each year. Sportsmanship is a core value for NCAA Division II along with learning, service, resourcefulness, passion, and balance.
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference is an NCAA Division II Conference composed of 14 institutions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The member institutions are Bloomfield College, Caldwell College, Chestnut Hill College, Concordia (N.Y.) College, Dominican (N.Y.) College, Felician College, Georgian Court University, Goldey-Beacom College, Holy Family University, Nyack College, Philadelphia University, Post University, University of the Sciences, and Wilmington University.
Nyack’s Athletic Director Keith Davie is excited to conclude a successful year of sports programs with this honor and was encouraged by the affirmation he received from CACC Commissioner Dan Mara. “The CACC takes great pride in fostering sportsmanship among coaches, student-athletes, administrators and fans. We emphasize sportsmanship and a positive game environment on all of our campuses. Nyack College has now won the honor on multiple occasions. This speaks to the strong values of the student-athletes and coaches as well as the positive influence of the Nyack administration and the entire college community,” says Mara.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information about Nyack, visit www.nyack.edu.
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- Browse Blog Archive>>