RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Women Warriors Receive CACC
Sportsmanship Award in Four of Six Sports
NYACK, NY— Nyack’s Women Warriors have represented the College well by adding the 2013-2014 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Team Sportsmanship Awards in four of the six women’s sports: basketball, volleyball, softball and lacrosse.
Head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport cast votes for individual CACC team sportsmanship awards each year. Sportsmanship is a core value for NCAA Division II along with learning, service, resourcefulness, passion, and balance.
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference is an NCAA Division II Conference composed of 14 institutions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The member institutions are Bloomfield College, Caldwell College, Chestnut Hill College, Concordia (N.Y.) College, Dominican (N.Y.) College, Felician College, Georgian Court University, Goldey-Beacom College, Holy Family University, Nyack College, Philadelphia University, Post University, University of the Sciences, and Wilmington University.
Nyack’s Athletic Director Keith Davie is excited to conclude a successful year of sports programs with this honor and was encouraged by the affirmation he received from CACC Commissioner Dan Mara. “The CACC takes great pride in fostering sportsmanship among coaches, student-athletes, administrators and fans. We emphasize sportsmanship and a positive game environment on all of our campuses. Nyack College has now won the honor on multiple occasions. This speaks to the strong values of the student-athletes and coaches as well as the positive influence of the Nyack administration and the entire college community,” says Mara.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information about Nyack, visit www.nyack.edu.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>