RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Women Warriors Receive CACC
Sportsmanship Award in Four of Six Sports
NYACK, NY— Nyack’s Women Warriors have represented the College well by adding the 2013-2014 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Team Sportsmanship Awards in four of the six women’s sports: basketball, volleyball, softball and lacrosse.
Head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport cast votes for individual CACC team sportsmanship awards each year. Sportsmanship is a core value for NCAA Division II along with learning, service, resourcefulness, passion, and balance.
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference is an NCAA Division II Conference composed of 14 institutions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The member institutions are Bloomfield College, Caldwell College, Chestnut Hill College, Concordia (N.Y.) College, Dominican (N.Y.) College, Felician College, Georgian Court University, Goldey-Beacom College, Holy Family University, Nyack College, Philadelphia University, Post University, University of the Sciences, and Wilmington University.
Nyack’s Athletic Director Keith Davie is excited to conclude a successful year of sports programs with this honor and was encouraged by the affirmation he received from CACC Commissioner Dan Mara. “The CACC takes great pride in fostering sportsmanship among coaches, student-athletes, administrators and fans. We emphasize sportsmanship and a positive game environment on all of our campuses. Nyack College has now won the honor on multiple occasions. This speaks to the strong values of the student-athletes and coaches as well as the positive influence of the Nyack administration and the entire college community,” says Mara.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information about Nyack, visit www.nyack.edu.
- YouVersion Founder Bobby Gruenewald Calls Nyack/ATS Grads World Changers
- Nyack Student Government Recognizes Campus Leaders
- Commencement Guests Share Appreciation for Nyack's Mission
- Celebrating Commencement 2016
- Parents of Youth 7-18! Check Out Summer Sports Camps at Nyack
- Zahir Edwards (1996-2016)...President Scales Pays Tribute to a Nyack Warrior
- Nyack Represented at Education Financing Forum
- Nyack Students and Faculty Perform in Musikabend
- Meet Dr. Peter Park at the World Science Festival's Great Fish Count
- Nyack's 2016 Year-End Faculty/Staff Luncheon and Awards
- Nyack College 2016 Honorary Degree Recipient Featured in "The Village"
- The 2016 Celebration of Woman
- Nyack NYC School of Music Profs and Student in Jazz on the Plaza!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement at the Westchester County Center
- Meet Nyack's 2016 Valedictorians!
- Battery Park Campus Now Owned by Nyack College
- A Celebration of Pentecost at Bedford Community Church
- Dr. David Ireland, Rockland County Day of Prayer Keynote Speaker
- Just Released! The Fine Print 2016
- Celebrating Nyack Honor Society Students
- Last Weekend Performances of Mozart's "The Magic Flute"
- West Side Story in Lower Manhattan
- Nyack Doing Community Well: Loving Our Neighbor
- Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
- PRAXIS Connections Dinner for Emerging Leaders at Nyack NYC
- Browse Blog Archive>>