RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Women Warriors Receive CACC
Sportsmanship Award in Four of Six Sports
NYACK, NY— Nyack’s Women Warriors have represented the College well by adding the 2013-2014 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Team Sportsmanship Awards in four of the six women’s sports: basketball, volleyball, softball and lacrosse.
Head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport cast votes for individual CACC team sportsmanship awards each year. Sportsmanship is a core value for NCAA Division II along with learning, service, resourcefulness, passion, and balance.
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference is an NCAA Division II Conference composed of 14 institutions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The member institutions are Bloomfield College, Caldwell College, Chestnut Hill College, Concordia (N.Y.) College, Dominican (N.Y.) College, Felician College, Georgian Court University, Goldey-Beacom College, Holy Family University, Nyack College, Philadelphia University, Post University, University of the Sciences, and Wilmington University.
Nyack’s Athletic Director Keith Davie is excited to conclude a successful year of sports programs with this honor and was encouraged by the affirmation he received from CACC Commissioner Dan Mara. “The CACC takes great pride in fostering sportsmanship among coaches, student-athletes, administrators and fans. We emphasize sportsmanship and a positive game environment on all of our campuses. Nyack College has now won the honor on multiple occasions. This speaks to the strong values of the student-athletes and coaches as well as the positive influence of the Nyack administration and the entire college community,” says Mara.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information about Nyack, visit www.nyack.edu.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>