RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Women Warriors Receive CACC
Sportsmanship Award in Four of Six Sports
NYACK, NY— Nyack’s Women Warriors have represented the College well by adding the 2013-2014 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Team Sportsmanship Awards in four of the six women’s sports: basketball, volleyball, softball and lacrosse.
Head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport cast votes for individual CACC team sportsmanship awards each year. Sportsmanship is a core value for NCAA Division II along with learning, service, resourcefulness, passion, and balance.
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference is an NCAA Division II Conference composed of 14 institutions in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The member institutions are Bloomfield College, Caldwell College, Chestnut Hill College, Concordia (N.Y.) College, Dominican (N.Y.) College, Felician College, Georgian Court University, Goldey-Beacom College, Holy Family University, Nyack College, Philadelphia University, Post University, University of the Sciences, and Wilmington University.
Nyack’s Athletic Director Keith Davie is excited to conclude a successful year of sports programs with this honor and was encouraged by the affirmation he received from CACC Commissioner Dan Mara. “The CACC takes great pride in fostering sportsmanship among coaches, student-athletes, administrators and fans. We emphasize sportsmanship and a positive game environment on all of our campuses. Nyack College has now won the honor on multiple occasions. This speaks to the strong values of the student-athletes and coaches as well as the positive influence of the Nyack administration and the entire college community,” says Mara.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. For more information about Nyack, visit www.nyack.edu.
- LAST DAY to vote for Chad Bullock in CCCU Facebook Contest
- DEC. 1: Christmas Gift Gallery Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>