Evensong Rising at Nyack on November 4
Evensong Rising (EsR), a worship band led by Rev. Chris Sorensen (ATS ’03) will be in concert at Nyack on Saturday, November 4 at 7 p.m. in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland campus. The band ministers in music weekly at Stanwich Congregational Church in Greenwich, CT, where Rev. Sorensen is an associate pastor. EsR will be joined by hip-hop artist Bobby Bishop and the band, Enter the Worship Circle.
The November 4 concert is hosted by The Rising Group, a not-for-profit Christian organization. Rising Group events combine the music and presentations on humanitarian efforts with an ecumenical service. Humanitarian organizations such as World Relief and the Haitian Health Foundation are among the co-sponsors of this free event that tours colleges and universities in the Northeast.
For more information about Rising Group events and its mission and theology, visit or email the organization’s director Bethany Olson at Bethany@therisinggroup.org. Go to www.evensongrising.com to learn more about the members of the group.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>