New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
The Nyack College New York City campus Chorale will be featured in three performances in Queens (Richmond Hill), Nyack, and Lewisburg, PA (April 11–13).
The music reflects the Lenten Season with themes focusing on Christ's life, suffering, sacrifice, death, and resurrection. The centerpiece of the program is a larger work, Son of God Mass, by James Whitbourn. This reflective and moving contemporary work is scored for full chorus, organ, and soprano saxophone and will feature graduating senior, Dudley Salmon. Student conductor, Ezra Davis, will conduct W.A. Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus.
The Friday, April 11 (7:30 PM) concert at Elohim Christian Church in Queens will also feature the Nyack College Christian Folk Ensemble as well as a NYC-based Christian community chorus, the Jubilee Chorus.
The Saturday event (3:00 PM) will take place at First Reformed Church of Nyack. We look forward to ministering at Dean Arzola's church.
The Palm Sunday service (10:15 AM) will take place at Lewisburg Alliance Church in Lewisburg, PA. The Chorale was introduced to Rev. Rubens Ruba while on tour in Florida this past January.
Admission is free and all are welcome.
For more information
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>