Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
As a part of its "Building Community Project," Aramark employees around the world recently participated in Global Volunteer Day. The team that services Nyack College chose to collect donations and create New Mother Kits for Care Net Pregnancy Center in Spring Valley, NY. With a “wish list” from Gloria Calo, Care Net’s executive director, vendors were invited to contribute or offer discounts on items to be included in the kits. Marc Fahringer, Aramark district manager supervised the project, which was coordinated by Amelia Dantas and Debby Paine.
Nyack College and the Aramark staff were very generous in giving, which resulted in more than $5,000.00 worth of items on the Care Net’s Wish List being collected and 50 New Mother Kits being put together. In addition to the kits the Spring Valley organization received cases of diapers, strollers, car seats, pack ‘n plays, computers, a microwave and a projector.
Kudos to the volunteers for this wonderful outpouring of love and compassion!
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>