Nyack College Hosts a Seminar on Christian-Muslim Relations with Dr. Rick Love
The Nyack College Intercultural Studies Department will host a seminar featuring guest speaker, Dr. Rick Love, an internationally-recognized expert in Christian-Muslim relations and president of Peace Catalyst International. The event takes place on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at Alliance Theological Seminary on the Rockland County campus, 350 North Highland Avenue, Nyack, NY from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Admission is $25.00 and includes lunch. The cost for students is $7.50 to cover lunch.
Since 9/11, Rick Love has given himself to breaking down barriers and building bridges of love between Christians and Muslims. Listen to his message here about the importance of peace between Christians and Muslims.
Rick is the author Grace & Truth: Toward Christlike Relationships with Muslims (2013) and his upcoming book, Peace Catalysts: Resolving Conflict in our Families, Organizations and Communities (June 2014). He holds a Th.M. in New Testament Studies, a D.Min. in Urban Studies, and a Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies. has done postdoctoral studies in peacemaking at the Yale University Center for Faith and Culture and serves as the Associate Director for the World Evangelical Alliance Peace and Reconciliation Initiative.
For more information about the April 5 seminar, contact the Intercultural Studies Department at 845.675.4529 or email email@example.com. Click here to learn more about Peace Catalyst International.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>