Nyack: A Global Nation
Nyack College’s global diversity was evident at the recent Multicultural Day at the Nyack New York City campus in Battery Park. The evening opened with three students, Lindza Lubin, Rolando Rosales, and Tryphena Ramcharitar praying in Creole, Spanish and English.
Of the nearly 60 countries represented in Nyack’s student population, among those represented at the multicultural event were Guyana, Haiti, India, and the Dominican Republic.
Students sampled a smorgasbord of cuisines and shared stories and songs from their homelands. Other activities included board games and painting with watercolors provided by The Christian Art and Media Club.
Cezanne Perez, student activities coordinator at Nyack NYC says, “We're looking forward to hosting this event again next year!”
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>