Nyack: A Global Nation
Nyack College’s global diversity was evident at the recent Multicultural Day at the Nyack New York City campus in Battery Park. The evening opened with three students, Lindza Lubin, Rolando Rosales, and Tryphena Ramcharitar praying in Creole, Spanish and English.
Of the nearly 60 countries represented in Nyack’s student population, among those represented at the multicultural event were Guyana, Haiti, India, and the Dominican Republic.
Students sampled a smorgasbord of cuisines and shared stories and songs from their homelands. Other activities included board games and painting with watercolors provided by The Christian Art and Media Club.
Cezanne Perez, student activities coordinator at Nyack NYC says, “We're looking forward to hosting this event again next year!”
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>