Hmong Pastor Visits ATS for Inaugural Hmong Student Event
Dr. Ronald Walborn and Alliance Theological Seminary welcomed Dr. Timothy T. Vang, senior pastor of the 2,300-member Hmong American Alliance Church in Maplewood, MN to the Rockland campus.
A servant leader for more than 28 years, Dr. Vang responded to a request from Hmong students at the seminary to provide training for ministry in the Hmong context. The vision of the students is to start a Hmong fellowship on both the Rockland and Manhattan campuses to offer continued support and training. This inaugural weeklong event launched that effort.
Dr. Vang, (pictured with Dr. Walborn; Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president; and the Hmong students), was eagerly received by the group because of his extensive background in church planting, writing Sunday School curriculum, conference presentations and serving as a Hmong District Superintendent. Dr. Vang founded the Fox Valley Lao/Hmong Association in Appleton, WI in 1978.
In addition to so faithfully serving the body of Christ, Dr. Vang is a husband and father of three sons and three daughters.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>