Ridgeway Alliance Church Holds Memorial for Dr. Philip Teng
A memorial service for Dr. Philip Teng, professor emeritus and founding director of the Chinese Studies program at Alliance Theological Seminary will be held at Ridgeway Alliance Church, 465 Ridgeway, White Plains, New York on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 10 a.m.
As a trailblazer in seminary education for Chinese students, Dr. Teng recognized a need for trained pastors to minister to the significant influx of Chinese immigrants from different parts of Asia to North America. The ATS program was established in 1987 and designed so that for three-fourths of curriculum, the Chinese students attend the same classes with Anglo (or Caucasian) students, as well as with international students from Africa, Middle East, Latin America and South East Asia. For the remaining quarter of the curriculum, Chinese students are in a primarily homogenous class in courses designed for ministry to the Chinese churches in North America.
Flowers may be sent to Ridgeway Alliance Church from Wednesday, January 22 through Friday, January 24 between 9 am and 5 pm and on Saturday, January 25 between 9 am and 10 am before the start of the memorial service.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>