Campus Community Supports Nyack Homeless Project
The campus community of students, faculty, and staff at Nyack College will support the Nyack Homeless Project again this year. The nonprofit's collection of food and warm clothing began on November 15 and runs through December 22. Their goal is to give away items to approximately 7,000 men, women, and children.
Rynae Rasley, assistant coach of Nyack women’s basketball team coordinated a drive engaging Warrior athletes and their fans, asking everyone to bring canned and non-perishable food items, new socks, hats, gloves, and toiletries. A list of drop-off locations is available to the campus community so that giving can continue throughout the holiday season.
David Julien, head women’s basketball coach says, "We want to be a part of raising awareness of issues that are so close to home. People are struggling around us every day and we tend to get too busy with our own lives. It's a small effort to help and teach our players about collective responsibility."
Nyack College faculty and staff from the Rockland and Manhattan campuses have been encouraged to bring mittens and gloves to the annual Christmas luncheon on the residential campus in Nyack on December 19. These items will also be donated to the Nyack Homeless Project.
For more information on the Nyack Homeless Project, click here.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>