Campus Community Supports Nyack Homeless Project
The campus community of students, faculty, and staff at Nyack College will support the Nyack Homeless Project again this year. The nonprofit's collection of food and warm clothing began on November 15 and runs through December 22. Their goal is to give away items to approximately 7,000 men, women, and children.
Rynae Rasley, assistant coach of Nyack women’s basketball team coordinated a drive engaging Warrior athletes and their fans, asking everyone to bring canned and non-perishable food items, new socks, hats, gloves, and toiletries. A list of drop-off locations is available to the campus community so that giving can continue throughout the holiday season.
David Julien, head women’s basketball coach says, "We want to be a part of raising awareness of issues that are so close to home. People are struggling around us every day and we tend to get too busy with our own lives. It's a small effort to help and teach our players about collective responsibility."
Nyack College faculty and staff from the Rockland and Manhattan campuses have been encouraged to bring mittens and gloves to the annual Christmas luncheon on the residential campus in Nyack on December 19. These items will also be donated to the Nyack Homeless Project.
For more information on the Nyack Homeless Project, click here.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>