Campus Community Supports Nyack Homeless Project
The campus community of students, faculty, and staff at Nyack College will support the Nyack Homeless Project again this year. The nonprofit's collection of food and warm clothing began on November 15 and runs through December 22. Their goal is to give away items to approximately 7,000 men, women, and children.
Rynae Rasley, assistant coach of Nyack women’s basketball team coordinated a drive engaging Warrior athletes and their fans, asking everyone to bring canned and non-perishable food items, new socks, hats, gloves, and toiletries. A list of drop-off locations is available to the campus community so that giving can continue throughout the holiday season.
David Julien, head women’s basketball coach says, "We want to be a part of raising awareness of issues that are so close to home. People are struggling around us every day and we tend to get too busy with our own lives. It's a small effort to help and teach our players about collective responsibility."
Nyack College faculty and staff from the Rockland and Manhattan campuses have been encouraged to bring mittens and gloves to the annual Christmas luncheon on the residential campus in Nyack on December 19. These items will also be donated to the Nyack Homeless Project.
For more information on the Nyack Homeless Project, click here.
- Manhattan Campus Library Gets a New Name
- ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios, a Fox & Friends Guest
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conducts Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Browse Blog Archive>>