CSGE Fellow Udo Middelmann Engages Nyack Campus Community
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) hosted the Fifth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium addressing the theme, “In Search of Happiness: Contributions From the Academic Disciplines on November 6 and 7.
Plenary sessions on the Rockland and Manhattan campuses featured, CSGE fellow Mr. Udo Middelmann, keynote speaker on the topic, “Reflections on the Pursuit of Happiness.” (above (l) with Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president for academic affairs (c) and Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of the School of Business and Leadership (r).
Middelmann’s unique perspective on biblical issues is informed by an international upbringing and education. He holds degrees in both law (LL.M. from Freiburg University, Germany) and theology (BD and MA from Covenant Theological Seminary, St. Louis, MO) and has lectured widely on ethics and society in many countries on all continents. His books include Pro-Existence, The Market-Driven Church and The Innocence of God. His latest book is God and Man At Work: Doing Well and Doing Good in the Bible’s View of Life.
Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda is the director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, a Christ-centered community fostering scholarly inquiry and global awareness. For more information about the Symposiums, visit www.nyack.edu/CSGE.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>