An Inaugural ATS Korean Alumni Conference
The inaugural Alliance Theological Seminary Korean Alumni Conference was held recently at Kum-Kang-San Restaurant in Flushing, New York. Well-attended by ATS graduates and their spouses, this gathering was organized to provide a platform for Korean alumni to connect with each other to strengthen their ministries and to encourage financial support of current ATS Korean students.
An estimated 300 Koreans have studied and graduated from ATS to date and currently serve as pastors, missionaries, professors, and workers in diverse Christian organizations around the world. With some 30 Koreans graduating every year, the ATS Korean legacy will continue to grow even stronger.
Rev. Ung Gul Lee (‘84) and Dr. Gil Kim (’85), the first two ATS Korean graduates, were among the nearly 100 attendees. Dr. Kim gave an especially encouraging message during the worship service. Congratulatory remarks were made by Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and Rev. Hector Ramirez, president of the ATS Alumni Association.
At this meeting Rev. Daniel Kim (’92), the senior pastor of New Jersey Manna Church, was elected as the first president of the ATS Korean Alumni Association. Rev. Soo Tae Kim (’94), the senior pastor at Little Flock Church of New York, became the vice president. Dr. Haeng Ja Suh (’94), the oldest female graduate, was named the auditor.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>