An Inaugural ATS Korean Alumni Conference
The inaugural Alliance Theological Seminary Korean Alumni Conference was held recently at Kum-Kang-San Restaurant in Flushing, New York. Well-attended by ATS graduates and their spouses, this gathering was organized to provide a platform for Korean alumni to connect with each other to strengthen their ministries and to encourage financial support of current ATS Korean students.
An estimated 300 Koreans have studied and graduated from ATS to date and currently serve as pastors, missionaries, professors, and workers in diverse Christian organizations around the world. With some 30 Koreans graduating every year, the ATS Korean legacy will continue to grow even stronger.
Rev. Ung Gul Lee (‘84) and Dr. Gil Kim (’85), the first two ATS Korean graduates, were among the nearly 100 attendees. Dr. Kim gave an especially encouraging message during the worship service. Congratulatory remarks were made by Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and Rev. Hector Ramirez, president of the ATS Alumni Association.
At this meeting Rev. Daniel Kim (’92), the senior pastor of New Jersey Manna Church, was elected as the first president of the ATS Korean Alumni Association. Rev. Soo Tae Kim (’94), the senior pastor at Little Flock Church of New York, became the vice president. Dr. Haeng Ja Suh (’94), the oldest female graduate, was named the auditor.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>