Nyack College Confers Degrees at Fishkill Correctional Facility
Twenty graduates received the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management from Nyack College before an audience gathered at Fishkill Correctional Facility in Fishkill, NY on Tuesday, August 27. Actor, (The Ex, Beethoven, Beethoven's 2nd), activist, and former talk show host, Charles Grodin, was the commencement speaker.
This graduation ceremony was just a snapshot of the personal transformation that represents Nyack’s advocacy for prison education and the partnership formed with Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison, headed by 2001 Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica. For the first time in the history of the Hudson Link program, which was founded in 1998, two 2013 graduates earned their degrees with distinction.
We salute the tenacity and diligence of these 20 new Nyack alumni as well as the commitment of the administrators, faculty, donors, and families who invested in lives who are not locked out of the opportunity for higher education.
To learn more about the history and work of Hudson Link, click here.
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>