OFFICIAL STATEMENT: June 4 Incident at Nyack College Rockland
Today at approximately 11:45 a.m., there was an explosion at Nyack College in Sky Island Lodge, a building that houses the School of Business and Leadership, on the Rockland County campus. There was no fire associated with the explosion.
Five employees and two adult students were in the building at the time and all are accounted for. There were injuries, but no fatalities. All individuals were taken to the hospital for examination as a precautionary measure.
At this time the cause is still unknown. Local utility and fire safety professionals are currently investigating the cause of the explosion. For several hours after the explosion surrounding buildings were evacuated as a safety measure. As of 2:30 p.m., personnel will be permitted to reenter the campus facilities.
The College would like to thank first responders--including police, fire, and medical emergency personnel.
For media inquiries and additional information, contact Deborah Walker, director of publications and media relations at Deborah.Walker@nyack.edu.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>