CCNE Visits Nyack Rockland Nursing School
Nyack College's very first graduating class of its Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Shuman Hall in Rockland County while awaiting news from a Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) visiting the campus today.
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs shared the results of the their visit.
"The Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team gave their exit interview to the college administration and nursing faculty and staff today (April 17). Their report to the Nyack community noted that the College is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards."
Dr. Turk continued, "This was truly an affirmation of the strength of Nyack's new Bachelor of Science Nursing program. Much gratitude is owed to Dean Simon and all the School of Nursing faculty, staff, and students for their dedicated work to build this exceptional program and present it so well to the Evaluation Team. The Evaluation Team will submit their report to the Commission which will vote on accreditation early this summer."
The CCNE is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, which contributes to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
Congratulations to all involved in this exciting new chapter of the Nyack story!
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>