Nyack College Chorale Concert at Lincoln Center
You had to be there!”
Those words were eblasted campuswide by Nyack College School of Music’s dean, Dr. Glenn Koponen, to describe the April 5 “Concert Celebrating God’s Faithfulness” at Lincoln Center. The long awaited event, also a celebration of the School of Music’s 75th anniversary, showcased the extraordinary talent of the more than 100 member Nyack College Chorale and musicians.
“The memory of the evening will be with us for a long, long time,” Dean Koponen continued. Certainly the dean will not soon forget the Chorale's surprise perofrmance of his arrangement of Aaron Copland's "Zion's Walls."
President Scales added his praise for the music faculty and students. “The program and performances were extraordinary! You established a culture of excellence and love. Just what we hoped and prayed for.”
Enjoy a gallery of the evening's unforgettable moments below.
Indeed, you had to be there!
- Nyack's School of Education: National Recognition...Times 9
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>