Nyack College Chorale Concert at Lincoln Center
You had to be there!”
Those words were eblasted campuswide by Nyack College School of Music’s dean, Dr. Glenn Koponen, to describe the April 5 “Concert Celebrating God’s Faithfulness” at Lincoln Center. The long awaited event, also a celebration of the School of Music’s 75th anniversary, showcased the extraordinary talent of the more than 100 member Nyack College Chorale and musicians.
“The memory of the evening will be with us for a long, long time,” Dean Koponen continued. Certainly the dean will not soon forget the Chorale's surprise perofrmance of his arrangement of Aaron Copland's "Zion's Walls."
President Scales added his praise for the music faculty and students. “The program and performances were extraordinary! You established a culture of excellence and love. Just what we hoped and prayed for.”
Enjoy a gallery of the evening's unforgettable moments below.
Indeed, you had to be there!
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>