Dr. Nina Balmaceda, a Featured Plenary Speaker in Brazil and Peru
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Nyack College associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Christian Scholarship and Global Engagement, was a plenary speaker and panelist at a recent National Christian Lawyers Congress in Brazil. Her presentations focused on the function of law, public policy, and culture in the challenges of human rights, the defense of life, and the development of more peaceful and just societies in Latin America.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Forum on Rights of Children with Disabilities organized by the National Program for Family Wellbeing (INABIF), which took place at the Peruvian Congress in February. The responders to her presentation were Peruvian Congressman Jhon Reynaga, president of the Congressional Committee on Inclusion of People with Disabilities; Ms. Nancy Tolentino, INABIF executive director; Mr. Wilfredo Guzmán, president of the Peruvian Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities; and Mr. Alfredo Alfaro, director of the Development of Vulnerable Populations Office of the Peruvian Government.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>