Dr. Nina Balmaceda, a Featured Plenary Speaker in Brazil and Peru
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Nyack College associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Christian Scholarship and Global Engagement, was a plenary speaker and panelist at a recent National Christian Lawyers Congress in Brazil. Her presentations focused on the function of law, public policy, and culture in the challenges of human rights, the defense of life, and the development of more peaceful and just societies in Latin America.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Forum on Rights of Children with Disabilities organized by the National Program for Family Wellbeing (INABIF), which took place at the Peruvian Congress in February. The responders to her presentation were Peruvian Congressman Jhon Reynaga, president of the Congressional Committee on Inclusion of People with Disabilities; Ms. Nancy Tolentino, INABIF executive director; Mr. Wilfredo Guzmán, president of the Peruvian Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities; and Mr. Alfredo Alfaro, director of the Development of Vulnerable Populations Office of the Peruvian Government.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>