Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day at Nyack
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE HOSTS 31st ANNUAL
ROCKLAND COUNTY NURSE RECOGNITION DAY
NYACK, NY--Nyack College will host the 2013 Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day on Wednesday, May 15 from noon until 3:00 pm in Bowman Gym on the Rockland campus in Nyack, NY. This year’s theme is “Nursing: Advancing the Profession through Education.” Nurse Recognition Day is a part of the National Nurse Recognition Week, which is held every year to raise public awareness of the value and significance of nursing. Nurse Recognition Week is celebrated May 6-12 nationwide, helps educate communities about the vital role that the nation's 2.9 million nurses play. From bedside nursing in hospitals and long-term care facilities to the halls of research institutions, state legislatures, and Congress, the depth and breadth of the nursing profession is meeting the expanding health care needs of American society.
The Rockland County Nurse Recognition Committee will present awards for "Excellence in Practice" at the Recognition Day program.
The Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College, where Dr. Elizabeth Simon is the dean, offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. All Nyack College majors are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and its curriculum is registered with the New York State Education Department.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>