Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day at Nyack
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE HOSTS 31st ANNUAL
ROCKLAND COUNTY NURSE RECOGNITION DAY
NYACK, NY--Nyack College will host the 2013 Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day on Wednesday, May 15 from noon until 3:00 pm in Bowman Gym on the Rockland campus in Nyack, NY. This year’s theme is “Nursing: Advancing the Profession through Education.” Nurse Recognition Day is a part of the National Nurse Recognition Week, which is held every year to raise public awareness of the value and significance of nursing. Nurse Recognition Week is celebrated May 6-12 nationwide, helps educate communities about the vital role that the nation's 2.9 million nurses play. From bedside nursing in hospitals and long-term care facilities to the halls of research institutions, state legislatures, and Congress, the depth and breadth of the nursing profession is meeting the expanding health care needs of American society.
The Rockland County Nurse Recognition Committee will present awards for "Excellence in Practice" at the Recognition Day program.
The Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College, where Dr. Elizabeth Simon is the dean, offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. All Nyack College majors are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and its curriculum is registered with the New York State Education Department.
- Brightnie Jones ('09) Moves on as a Top All-Star Vocalist on BET's Sunday Best
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Brightnie Jones Back in BET's "Sunday Best" Vocal Competition
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>