Health Care Ethics Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing and the Nyack Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host Nyack's first ever Health Care Ethics Conference on Thursday, March 14 on the Rockland County campus, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack in Bowman Gymnasium, beginning at 2:00 p.m. with poster presentations by Nyack nursing students. Monetary prizes of $500, $300, and $100 will be awarded to the top three presentations.
A plenary session begins at 3:30 p.m. featuring Dr. Farr Curlin, co-director of the program on Medicine & Religion, and Associate Faculty of the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago. His keynote address is entitled, "The Heart of Medical Ethics: Profession, Conscience, and Vocation."
Dr. Curlin is a hospice and palliative care physician, researcher, and medical ethicist. His research areas are physician's moral and professional formation, the ends of medicine and the moral dimensions of medical practice, clinical decision-making, and the doctor-patient relationship, as well as with moral formation in medical education. He lectures widely about religion, conscience, and the moral and spiritual dimensions of the practice of medicine.
For information on the nursing conference, please contact the School of Nursing at 845.675.4681.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>