National Recognition for Nyack's Early Childhood Ed Programs
School of Education Dean JoAnn Looney announced that accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) has been extended through 2018. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) awarded national recognition to Nyack’s Early Childhood programs.
Dr. Looney credits Nyack’s Early Childhood Education program Chair Dr. Sherry Jarrett, and Director of Assessment Prof. Kristen Luba with a job well done.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), founded in 1926, is the world's largest advocacy group working on behalf of young children. The mission of the NAEYC has three main goals:
• Improving professional practice and working conditions in early childhood education.
• Supporting early childhood programs by working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education.
• Building a high-performing, inclusive organization of groups and individuals who are committed to promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children.
The campus community celebrates with the School of Education on this latest accomplishment.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>