USIP Funds Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will present its 2013 Scholars Symposium, Wednesday, February 20 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus and on Thursday, February 21 at the Nyack Rockland campus. Nearly 30 faculty will present papers they have published or presented at conferences. In addition, several students will present research papers.
The Center received $2,000 in funding support from the Public Education for Peacebuilding Support initiative of the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) headquartered in Washington, D.C., which has offices in Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan. USIP is the independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict .
“USIP is pleased to support the efforts of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and its contribution to the national conversation around international conflict--and methods for resolving those conflicts nonviolently,” commented Jim Marshall, USIP president.
The plenary session for the NYC campus will be held at 361 Broadway in Manhattan and for the Rockland campus in Bowman Gymnasium in Nyack, NY. Plenary speakers will be Lisa Dougan, director of civil engagement and representative for Invisible Children, in Washington, D.C.; and Benjamin Raber, executive director for NetWork and a Nyack College alumnus.
For more information, click here to view a pdf of the Symposium brochure, which includes details on the speakers, locations, and times of breakout sessions.
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>