USIP Funds Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will present its 2013 Scholars Symposium, Wednesday, February 20 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus and on Thursday, February 21 at the Nyack Rockland campus. Nearly 30 faculty will present papers they have published or presented at conferences. In addition, several students will present research papers.
The Center received $2,000 in funding support from the Public Education for Peacebuilding Support initiative of the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) headquartered in Washington, D.C., which has offices in Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan. USIP is the independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict .
“USIP is pleased to support the efforts of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and its contribution to the national conversation around international conflict--and methods for resolving those conflicts nonviolently,” commented Jim Marshall, USIP president.
The plenary session for the NYC campus will be held at 361 Broadway in Manhattan and for the Rockland campus in Bowman Gymnasium in Nyack, NY. Plenary speakers will be Lisa Dougan, director of civil engagement and representative for Invisible Children, in Washington, D.C.; and Benjamin Raber, executive director for NetWork and a Nyack College alumnus.
For more information, click here to view a pdf of the Symposium brochure, which includes details on the speakers, locations, and times of breakout sessions.
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>