USIP Funds Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will present its 2013 Scholars Symposium, Wednesday, February 20 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus and on Thursday, February 21 at the Nyack Rockland campus. Nearly 30 faculty will present papers they have published or presented at conferences. In addition, several students will present research papers.
The Center received $2,000 in funding support from the Public Education for Peacebuilding Support initiative of the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) headquartered in Washington, D.C., which has offices in Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan. USIP is the independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict .
“USIP is pleased to support the efforts of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and its contribution to the national conversation around international conflict--and methods for resolving those conflicts nonviolently,” commented Jim Marshall, USIP president.
The plenary session for the NYC campus will be held at 361 Broadway in Manhattan and for the Rockland campus in Bowman Gymnasium in Nyack, NY. Plenary speakers will be Lisa Dougan, director of civil engagement and representative for Invisible Children, in Washington, D.C.; and Benjamin Raber, executive director for NetWork and a Nyack College alumnus.
For more information, click here to view a pdf of the Symposium brochure, which includes details on the speakers, locations, and times of breakout sessions.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>