USIP Funds Nyack Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will present its 2013 Scholars Symposium, Wednesday, February 20 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus and on Thursday, February 21 at the Nyack Rockland campus. Nearly 30 faculty will present papers they have published or presented at conferences. In addition, several students will present research papers.
The Center received $2,000 in funding support from the Public Education for Peacebuilding Support initiative of the United States Institute for Peace (USIP) headquartered in Washington, D.C., which has offices in Baghdad, Iraq, and Kabul, Afghanistan. USIP is the independent, nonpartisan conflict management center created by Congress to prevent and mitigate international conflict .
“USIP is pleased to support the efforts of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and its contribution to the national conversation around international conflict--and methods for resolving those conflicts nonviolently,” commented Jim Marshall, USIP president.
The plenary session for the NYC campus will be held at 361 Broadway in Manhattan and for the Rockland campus in Bowman Gymnasium in Nyack, NY. Plenary speakers will be Lisa Dougan, director of civil engagement and representative for Invisible Children, in Washington, D.C.; and Benjamin Raber, executive director for NetWork and a Nyack College alumnus.
For more information, click here to view a pdf of the Symposium brochure, which includes details on the speakers, locations, and times of breakout sessions.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>