Classes Resume at Nyack and NYC Campuses
Both Nyack Rockland and Nyack NYC campuses resumed classes today after a week long shutdown caused by Hurricane Sandy’s assault on the Tri-State New York area.
Recounting the storm's devastation, President Michael G. Scales recalled the scene at the residential campus in Nyack, NY: “Massive power outages required the use of generators as a backup source of power without certainty of when power will be fully restored. Building damage is still being assessed. Wood from dozens of downed trees sits in piles on the Hillside, while some still lean on buildings or are scattered across campus.”
But today at a chapel service (pictured above), students gathered in Bowman Gym to praise God in spite of the campus blight that also visited the Manhattan campus where loss of subway and bus transportation hampered travel in the City and power outages froze activity last week.
Today the campus rejoiced for being able to regain some level of normal functionality.
Prayers continue for those still impacted by the loss of power and heat and for those braving the long lines at gas stations hoping to get fuel for their cars or generators.
For details on the storm's impact, see the homepage feature at www.nyack.edu.
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>