Classes Resume at Nyack and NYC Campuses
Both Nyack Rockland and Nyack NYC campuses resumed classes today after a week long shutdown caused by Hurricane Sandy’s assault on the Tri-State New York area.
Recounting the storm's devastation, President Michael G. Scales recalled the scene at the residential campus in Nyack, NY: “Massive power outages required the use of generators as a backup source of power without certainty of when power will be fully restored. Building damage is still being assessed. Wood from dozens of downed trees sits in piles on the Hillside, while some still lean on buildings or are scattered across campus.”
But today at a chapel service (pictured above), students gathered in Bowman Gym to praise God in spite of the campus blight that also visited the Manhattan campus where loss of subway and bus transportation hampered travel in the City and power outages froze activity last week.
Today the campus rejoiced for being able to regain some level of normal functionality.
Prayers continue for those still impacted by the loss of power and heat and for those braving the long lines at gas stations hoping to get fuel for their cars or generators.
For details on the storm's impact, see the homepage feature at www.nyack.edu.
- Alliance World Fellowship Visits ATS and Nyack College
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- School of Music Reunion with Dr. John McArthur
- OCT 17: Fall Fishing
- October 17: Homecoming Block Party!
- Woman: A Rite of Passage Initiation Ceremony Held
- Dr. Mark Nanos Welcomed to Nyack NYC for AJCO Colloquia Series
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker Coming October 13
- A HOMECOMING HIT! The Running Warrior 3K Walk & 5K Road Race
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- NYC Campus Library Gets a New Name
- The Names by Billy Collins
- ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios, a Fox & Friends Guest
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conducts Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- Browse Blog Archive>>