Classes Resume at Nyack and NYC Campuses
Both Nyack Rockland and Nyack NYC campuses resumed classes today after a week long shutdown caused by Hurricane Sandy’s assault on the Tri-State New York area.
Recounting the storm's devastation, President Michael G. Scales recalled the scene at the residential campus in Nyack, NY: “Massive power outages required the use of generators as a backup source of power without certainty of when power will be fully restored. Building damage is still being assessed. Wood from dozens of downed trees sits in piles on the Hillside, while some still lean on buildings or are scattered across campus.”
But today at a chapel service (pictured above), students gathered in Bowman Gym to praise God in spite of the campus blight that also visited the Manhattan campus where loss of subway and bus transportation hampered travel in the City and power outages froze activity last week.
Today the campus rejoiced for being able to regain some level of normal functionality.
Prayers continue for those still impacted by the loss of power and heat and for those braving the long lines at gas stations hoping to get fuel for their cars or generators.
For details on the storm's impact, see the homepage feature at www.nyack.edu.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>