Assemblywoman Jaffee Hosts Community Leaders Brunch at Nyack College
Assemblywoman Ellen C. Jaffee hosted an intimate gathering of community leaders on Saturday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. at Nyack College. The event held in President’s Hall (Shuman Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. on Nyack's Rockland campus provided a platform for a dialogue on a wide range of topics on youth and communities.
Mr. Greg Owens, Director of Special Projects for the New York State Office of Children and Families Services (OCFS) and Ms. Judith Johnson, Interim Superintendent of the Mount Vernon Schools were the guest speakers.
Mr. Owens reviewed state programs and initiatives for youth with a focus on gang violence, mentoring, involvement of fathers, and cultural competency in the foster care system. Mrs. Johnson addressed the poverty gap in educational achievement.
The campus was delighted to welcome the Honorable Congresswoman Nita Lowey (pictured above with Mrs. Jaffee and Earl Miller, Nyack's executive director of community relations) who was joined by nearly 70 Nyack College administrators, faculty, students as well as community leaders from Rockland and Westchester Counties.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>