Health Care Association Honors Nyack's Own Donna Duss
Nyack alumna Donna Duss (’72), founder and president of Duss Healthcare Consulting, LLC, was recently awarded The James G. Dunton Distinguished Service Award for Lifetime Achievement by the Virginia Health Care Association.
Mrs. Duss sits on the Board of Directors of Shell Point Retirement Community in Fort Myers, FL, where Dr. Peter Dys is president. Dr. Dys shared that Mrs. Duss was recognized “for her years of leadership, passion for excellence, and for striving for the highest quality of long-term care for seniors in Virginia through her gerontological nursing clinical practice, education, and administration.” She became the first woman to be a member of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Foundation (CMAF) in 1994.
Mrs. Duss is a registered nurse, licensed in several states and has more than thirty years of experience in health care including roles as Director of Staff Development and Director of Nursing in Long-term Care. She has served since 1999 as a consultant and coach to long-term care clients.
Surrounded by her colleagues and her husband Serge, Mrs. Duss celebrated this unexpected acknowledgement with two surprise guests—their sons Matt and Brian, who presented their mother with a bouquet of roses.
President Michael Scales and the Nyack campus community congratulate Mrs. Duss on this well-earned achievement.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>